The International Institute for Scientific and Academic Collaboration (IISAC) is a non-profit organization, under 501 (3) (c) provisions of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in USA. Founded in 1998, this charity organization is run by volunteer professors, scientists, medical doctors, engineers and young professionals. The aim of the organization is to promote interaction among scientists, engineers, professors and students in developed and developing countries like India to build true global citizens with international perspectives.
Globalization of education for molding a generation with international perspectives.
To instill the spirit of success and internationalism in young minds through experiential learning, study abroad, mentoring and career seminars.
- Promote international education with US universities through the Semester in India and faculty-led short term programs.
- Create awareness in tropical biodiversity, environmental health, climate change and sustainable development through nature education, field activities and research.
- Promote experiential learning opportunities for US students in India with NGOs, educational institutions and charity organizations.
- Promote collaborative research between US and Indian professors and scientists.
- Create short term higher education teaching opportunities for American professors in India.
- Conduct conferences, seminars and workshops in cutting edge technology.
- Conduct career seminars for high school and college students
- Promote US educational opportunities for Indian students through seminars.
- Create future medical scientists by identifying and mentoring exceptional students.
- Promote diaspora studies and research for the benefit of second generation Indians.
- Promote and publish reference books, text books and field guides to support IISAC’s international education activities and research.
- To bring experts of international repute in the fields of economics, finance and future studies to form a consultancy group to advice respective governments in Asia and Americas on developmental issues, and to foster bilateral and multilateral dialogue under the forum Asia America Economic Forum.
IISAC by achieving various milestones during the last ten years has emerged as a notable charity organization in international education and youth empowerment. Here is how we grew:
- 1998: Established as a non profit and non political educational and youth enrichment organization in NJ, USA
- 2000: Established the Semester in India Program’ with Pondicherry University, India
- 2000: Publication of Alpha Vision, an interdisciplinary higher education journal of IISAC
- 2001: Obtained 501(c) (3) status from Internal Revenue Service, USA
- 2002: Obtained incorporation from the state of New Jersey
- 2002-2010: Implementation of several educational and youth enrichment activities in USA
- Career and higher education seminars for high school and college students
- Youth enrichment through mentorship and networking
- Publication of interdisciplinary and career oriented journal called ‘Alpha Vision’
- Organized several educational and scientific seminars in Indian colleges and universities.
- Provided guidance to university professors on curriculum development in science and technology.
- 2008: Developed a collaborative research project in stem cell technology and tissue engineering between Indian and US scientists.
- 2008: Developed various experiential learning opportunities for US students in India: internships, working with NGOs and non profit organization, volunteer teaching and services learning.
- 2010: Developed faculty-led program for Grand Valley State University, Michigan on sustainable communities and tropical biology in Kerala, South India.
- 2010: Developed ‘Professor of Inspiration Program’ for US professors interested in teaching in Indian universities and colleges on a short term basis to introduce American teaching methodology in India.
- 2010: Permission from Government of India through Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a liaison office in Kottayam, Kerala, India
- 2011: Publication of text book ‘An Introduction to Kerala Studies’ for undergraduate college students as a part of South Asian studies
- 2012: Publication of text book ‘An Introduction to Kerala Studies’ for undergraduate college students as a part of South Asian studies (www.bookonkerala.com)
- 2013: Development of Semester in India program with University of Kerala, Kariyavattom campus in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
- 2014: Development of Semester in India, Tropical Biology and Ecology program with Mar Ivanios College Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
- 2014: Development of Science Semester Program with emphasis on Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Medicine at KIIT University, Odisha.